Thursday, August 31, 2006

A case of bad management...

I didn't write in yesterday because I was having problems with the internet connection (yet again!). It was a good thing in a way as it stopped me from surfing the net, so I can concentrate on my work. As for the dissertation, I'm taking one step at a time, trying my best not to stress myself out like the previous weeks. I work best from late nights to early morning and spent the whole day hybernating.

Anyways, all was going well.. until I got a letter from my apartment's manager insisting us that this weekend will be the final inspections for our rooms. We have to clean it up spotless and make way for the inspections, or dread having our deposits not returned. What??? Apa ni?? THIS weekend?! Of all the days of the month (mind you my tenancy expires on the 15th- 2 weeks left) and they have to do it THIS weekend!

I was dead mad. You see, the undergraduates who opted for a 42 weeks contract, had their final inspections on the last 3 days of their tenancy. Which was fair, as they need to pack up and remove their stuff from the room anyways. But for us, we are paying extra and yet we have to pack-up and clean 2 weeks before our last day here??? Come on! Where's the logic?!!

To add salt to the wound, the management even demanded that next week the buliders will be coming in to re-decorate the place, i.e paint the walls etc... WHILE we are in our apartment. There was this stupid disclaimer note saying that we have to give way to the builders- thus, any mishaps from them (e.g paint or dust on our stuff), will not be entertained, as we were warned.

So, you can imagine what all these crap mean to me- of all the weeks of the year, this 2 weeks will be the most important weeks of my life. It is when you will see the worst sight ever- stressfull me in the middle of the apartment, papers everywhere, printer is printing non-stop, countless coffee mugs on the table and laundry piling like nobody's business..... and suddenly, I have to make way for my manager to come in and pick on every single dust and spots AND then allow some people to come in and paint the house while I work. If a big spot of paint dropped on my dissertation, then ooopsss... too bad- its MY fault.

What the...??? What kind of management is this? The very BAD kind >:(

No comments: