Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dissertation Progress - 14 days to go

Oh my God, its Monday already!!! (Heart beating fast)...
I'm supposed to meet Dr Pasir today (cold sweats appearing)...
and I haven't done ANYTHING!!!!

Packed my laptop and my notes and headed to uni after lunch. It took me quite a while to gather the courage to walk in Dr Pasir's room. But, surprisingly he was all smiles as he greeted me when he saw a glimpse of my shaky hands at his door. I was expecting that he'll just say hi and gave me a quick shot of motivational quotes and it will all be happily ever after.....

errr...NO!

Dr Pasir gave me MORE simulations to do!!! He added that all the things that I've done is just the base of the cake.. now its time to put the most awaited icing bit...

Dr Pasir: "A few more simulations to actually conclude the whole dissertation. Then, it will be complete!!! "

Me: "huh???? apa ni.... I thought all was completed before I went home (???)"

Dr Pasir: "Then you thought wrong... Muahahahaha!!!

Me: (speechless)

Dr Pasir: "..and oh, p.s: I want to see the completed draft first thing Monday morning next week... Muahahahah!!"

OK, the above was slightly exaggerated... but still, MORE WORK?? I rushed home, this time with cold sweats. In a way, its good that I finally feel my panic nerves... but this is horrible- I have 6 days left to complete more simulations AND finish up the write-up!

So, I have been working since 6pm re-arranging and re-doing the whole damn thing to fit in the new simulations. Its gonna be a long week then... Serves me right for being so lazy :(

No comments: