Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm hopelessly useless...




OK, I had loads of fun this morning with the Chevening photoshoot, lunching with the other scholars at a Chinese buffet. After all the talks with them, I got kinda motivated to finish up my dissertation write-up as soon as I reach home.

Unfortunately, when I got home I was tired and decided to chill out by surfing the net. By 3.30pm, I was sleeping like a baby and woke up at 6pm. Feeling like a zombie, I couldn't bring my brain to work to sit down and start my write-up. So what did I do?.. Well, spent the whole 4 hours surfing the net some more! I tell you, the internet is so hazardous! I was going through blogs la, shopping sites la, housing & properties la... if only I there's a research on net surfing, I'm sure I'll score a 1st!!

At the moment, I'm feeling so damn guilty for wasting the whole day not touching anything on the dissertation. I kept telling myself, "Its OK.. its a Friday.. you deserve the break....(yeah rite!)"

I feel so disguistingly useless at the moment. As soon as I opened up my doc file for my dissertation, I just go blank. Even all the large font reminders are not helping at all to curb my procrastination. How ah???

So now I have decided that tonight will be an early night rest for me and I will wake up early tomorrow morning and start fresh. I will try my best to spend the whole weekend finishing up a draft copy to present to Dr Pasir on Monday. This useless laziness have to stop! I have 10 chapters to write and I have only 16 days left to prepare a 40,000 words of write-up.

I'm quite sceptical on whether I can do this. Thus, I need all the luck I can get to survive it!

No comments: