Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The most amazing 2 weeks of my life!

Below are some highlights of the wonderful time I had back home in Malaysia. How I wish that the 2 weeks did not end so soon :(

Monday 31/7:
Arrived in KLIA greeted by handsome Hubby.Headed home and showered Boboy & Baby with hugs and kisses. My best friends, Vas & Mate and their other halfs joined us for Mama's yummy home cooked dinner.

Tuesday 1/8:
The anticipated visit to OGP became a reality. With a heavy heart, I officially tendered my resignation to Tn Hj Abd Kader. Met most of my colleagues and had my much missed Chinoz-Carbonara-pasta-lunch with Hubby. Spent the night as VIPs for Nina's hen night at PNB Darby Park. Mate brought in yummy BBQ wings. As usual, loads of laughs and gossips galore! By midnight, everyone's half dead from the excitement..hehe.

Wednesday 2/8:
Nina's engagement day. She had to leave really early, leaving me, Vas & Mate spending the rest of the day at the hotel lepak-ing. Went to try out my bridesmaid dresses at Kak Emy's. As expected, I gained so much weight, she had to do some major 'renovations'.

Thursday 3/8:
Spent the day at home with Boboy & Baby. Later, went to Nina's to meet her family. First look at the wedding preparations... so cantik! I particularly loved the room deco, ala-ala Nusantara theme. Nina's hantaran were excellent too.




Friday 4/8:
The most important day of all! In the morning, it was the Nikah Day- Nina & Ezrul are officially married. So happy for you dearie!!!

Later, we celebrated another important celebration- Mama's birthday. Me, Hubby, Mama, Vas & Shashi had dinner at SouledOut in Hartamas. Happy Birthday Mama!!!


Saturday 5/8:
Nina's weeding reception at Pan Pacific Hotel. Hubby had to take the bidang terjun to be the best man for the night. We started off with a rehearsal led by Mahathir Lokman. Thank god for him as without his-no-nonsense strictness, we all will be lost that night. Everything was perfect.. except that Hubby forgot to bring down the camera, so couldn't capture the precious moments... Oh well, guess have to wait for the pics from Nina's photographers, Fiona & Alan (whose really cute, by the way.. hehe!). My best mates and their other halves spent the night at the hotel.

Sunday 6/8:
Treated to VIP breakfast and then rushed off to do hair & make-up. Rushed out again to Gombak for Nina's second reception. As usual, yours truly was kepoh to make sure everything's going as planned... and thank god, Hubby got the camera this time ;)

Later that night, we attended Saliza's wedding at Sheraton KL. Met our fellow Promuda mates. (Notice that Hubby & I maintained the same baju throughout the day.. hehe.. too malas to change la..)


Monday 7/8:
Dinner with Papa & family. Alhamdulillah, Papa is recovering well. Although Papa looks tired most of the time, it was good to see him smile again.. I really miss him. Also, met Jimmy, Papa's fat cat- he's so adorable. Hubby said he's growing so fast... he was just a small kitten a few months back!


Tuesday 8/8:
Went for the Puteri Gunung Ledang Musical at Istana Budaya with Mama, Hubby, Vas & Shashi. It was excellent! The set was amazing and the Hang Tuah is hot. Tiara reminds us of our wedding theme. I really think PGL has the potential for an international debut... who knows, one day Disney will make PGL the animation pulak, kan? But still overall, the PGL musical was a definite thumbs-up!



Wednesday 9/8:
Shopping day! Bought a nice MNG winter jacket.. When I wanted to pay for it, the cashier looked at me one kind and blurted sarcastically, "Nak gi Genting ker Kak???".... I just smiled... haiyo, sabor je lah! Sis Serina dropped by for tea. As usual, Hubby was busy & had a business dinner.. so me & Mama had McDonalds for dinner and later Vas & Shashi joined me for a CSI marathon at home.

Thursday 10/8:
Horraayy!!! Its Hubby's off day, so we spent time together at home and gave Boboy his long overdue bath! Boboy, as usual enjoyed himself being pampered and eksyen giler later with Baby after he's all fluffy and wangi..hehe.
Later that night, we all head off for a fun night of Karaoke!! Mate, the drama queen, has definitely won the best performance by far! We had so much fun- singing and dancing our hearts out! Though, the best surprise for all of us was Hubby, who was so shy at first... but then at the end, kemain lagi lah... siap tarik lagu Sejati Awie tuh....

Friday 11/8:
Nina's wedding reception at Kelab Darul Ehsan. We were all so glamourly dressed up. Hubby, Shashi & Ezrul were in suits lagi.. hehe.


Saturday 12/8:
Me & Hubby went goreng pisang hunting, but unfortunately my favourite stall 'emergency leave' for the weekend. I was devastated coz I really looked forward for the goreng pisang :( Hubby belanja me jalan-jalan cari makan at Setiawangsa pasar malam instead. We dropped by at Mak Wa's house for tea. Later that night, Vas & Shashi joined us to Nina's for her farewell party. The pengat durian and cake was so sedap... Joined in for Musical Chairs. Surprisingly Hubby got in the final top 4 in the male category while I suck at the female one (I think I was the first few to be kicked out, followed closely by Vas & Nina, hehe!)


Sunday 13/8:
Spent the day with Hubby packing my stuff and then had tea at GE Mall. By 8pm, I was already in tears hugging and kissing Boboy goodbye. We left home and head to Taman Tun for dinner with my in-laws. Then, rushed off to the airport. Checking in wasn't too bad, but the letting go of your loved ones at the airport was the difficult part.

Thank you to Hubby, Vas, Nina & Mate for the most amazing 2 weeks of my life. I miss you all :(

No comments: