Thursday, July 13, 2006

Not too good news

I got everything sorted today. Woke up really early, had breakfast and head to work at the reception. I thought that today, everything will be a perfect start for my new life of a more disciplined student and on my way to become a good UK expat. Got so fired up and motivated.... until my mate Kraznee called.

Kraznee has always been my 'internal spy', updating me with the latest goss and happenings in KL. So far, he's been excellent. And today was no exception, he broke the most important news ever - our company's new policy. I received his 'internal' circular on the latest resignation policy - we have to pay back our infamous outstanding bond within 14 days! Oh my God... I quickly broke the news to Hubby, and we are all still in shock. Where am I going to fork out RM60k within 14 days!!!

After much calculation and a big headache, I'm now waiting for Hubby's response. Surely, me & Mama can't ever afford that large sum of money.. is this the end of my dream to become a Chartered Engineer here??? I'm freaking out! Its too late to turn back on the PhD offer, plus.. after my discussion with Dr Kapas a few days back, doing a PhD while sacrifising to build a family in the next 3 years, is no more a feasible option for me. I want to have kids within the next 3 years. My clock is ticking & my maternal instincts is increasing... yes, I want a baby of my own soon.

Thank God I didn't shoot out the resignation email to Yusman this week... at least there's still a chance to back out... though, honestly speaking, I don't want to back out now. I'd rather be poor first, but then realise that its all for the better. If I don't accept this opportunity now, I will never ever get the chance again.

So, Hubby.. please help do something... I'm counting on you dearie... Meanwhile, I'm off to uni now and hopefully can concentrate on my work as planned... (I doubt it!)

No comments: