Thursday, July 06, 2006

My yo-yo week

I must say that that this has been a yo-yo week for me in terms of working with my dissertation. Monday I showed up and started off my work in uni, Tuesday ponteng to help sis Serina pick up her parents in Birmingham, yesterday was excellent discipline working non-stop from 11am-5pm (I was really impressed myself)... and today, well... I woke up at noon and feel so malas to go to uni!

I have exactly 20 days to finish my circuit simulations before I jet off to Dubai & KL. I don't know whether I can make it through or not. Damn worried but so malas... how ah??? I'm really trying to avoid Dr Pasir as much as I can, but its not good coz he needs to know my progress. Looks like I have to drag myself to uni then...

Last night I met Serina's aunt, Mak Keno. She moved to UK when she was young to find a job and got the opportunity to work with UN. She has travelled the world, made it on her own and then at the age of 50+, she now managed to settled down in France, have a good life and owning properties in Europe. She talked to me last night and it was really inspiring. She said that yes, it will be hard for the first few years to settle down, but the rewards and the experience gained is priceless. She never regret her decision to leave Malaysia to pursue her career. Thank you for your advice, Mak Keno... I really appreciate it.

OK lah.. I have to get ready now.... MUST force myself out of bed and head to uni...

No comments: