Friday, June 30, 2006

No more lies :(

Dr Pasir has been kind enough to prepare a workstation for me next to his office, so that I can do my project simulation independantly, without logging into the university's ever-crowded computer clusters. Very kind of him... but unfortunately, very smart move indeed. This way, he can monitor my progress more closely, a.k.a I can't make up any more excuses for not doing work.

This past week, I was so busy juggling time with my student warden admin work (since the undergrads are moving out) and the stressful PhD-KBR-dilemma paperwork, that I haven't really sat down and concentrate 100% with my dissertation. I was too tired doing something else than my project. So, when I woke up really late Wednesday, I kinda make a little lie to Dr Pasir that I wasn't feeling too well - 'the-i-dunno-what-i-ate-but-my-tummy-ache-so-much' one. Got away with it last Wednesday & yesterday... so I vowed that I will make a good impression to turn up early with a fresh 'recovery' at Dr Pasir's office today.

However, unfortunately you don't get away with lies... last night I had the worst tummy ache ever!!! You see, I didn't eat the whole day and finally for dinner I succumbed to Pizza Co's extra hot spicy wings... The pain was so unbearable, I couldn't sleep at all, as I was heading to the loo all night. The last thing I remember was I called Hubby at 6am in the morning in pain, and then literally fainted.

So, today I got up really late (again!), still in pain, tired and dehydrated and its too late to possibly drag myself to uni in this state.... I dunno how to face him next week! Tu la, padan la muka I ni... No more lies, I learnt my lesson the hard way :(

No comments: