Sunday, June 04, 2006

Good food & Good movie weekend

Last Friday night, me & sis Serina went to Nonie's birthday party at her house. It was really good to be out as we have not been out for quite a while due to the exams. Happy Birthday Nonie!!! Thank you so much for the good food- it was the best meal I've ever had since I came- we had nasi with sweet sour fish, udang masak lemak, sayur kailan, sambal petai and rich chocolate cake! It was fantastic!

Met up with Nonie's and Malan's friends as well, and it was really good company. We left Nonie's around 12.30am, courtesy of Ashraf's ride. Then, we spent the whole night watching CSI marathon. Serina went home around 3am, and I continued the CSI marathon till 8am! by the time I woke up, it was 5pm.... OK, I know I sound disgusting, but it felt really good giving myself a treat after working so hard.

Though, I can't get too comfortable as I'll be working hard again for the next few months to fininsh my dissertation. Talking bout dissertations, Dr Kapas surprised me by offering me a full PhD sponsorship from uni next year! I was so overwhelmed, I just couldn't believe it. I went home and broke the news to Hubby.... now I have to decide whether to take it or try working instead. Haven't really make up my mind yet.. but I have a strong feeling that the PhD offer is best.

While I'm deciding, I broke the news to PETRONAS and am really hoping that they'll decide to let me do my PhD on paid study leave. I hope they realise that most of my colleagues are all earning so much already and should give me a chance. I think if PETRONAS won't help me out, I might consider to resign.

So, in the meantime... I have to snap out of this laziness soon coz I haven't started my dissertation properly yet. And its starting to make me panic.

1 comment:

Mar said...

Although i dont agree that your colleagues who stay behind (yours truly for example) are earning that much money as compared to last year's paycheck, I strongly suggest that you take up the PHD offer. Do it, do it!! imagine people calling you Dr. Adita. How cool is that? Plus, you're good at studying (and staying up. He he..)I'm good at bullshitting so, I'm gonna stick to what I'm doing now for the time being. Ha ha..All the best!! i hope you take up the offer irrespective of the outcome of your appeal to Petronas.