Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The healing Bath...

I have been a bit depressed lately, mostly due to the late night sleep and being a slob for the past 2 weeks. Plus, the dilemma of deciding to work or continue to PhD is giving me a great deal of stress. I can't concentrate with my dissertation and was feeling so lost.

Then, last weekend I went to an overnight trip to Bath. It was amazing- so beautiful and unique. It was the perfect getaway for me to get some fresh air from the hustle & bustle of Manchester. We explored the city from the Roman Bath to the Crescent & Circus buildings, marvelling the architecture that are so well preserved. Its truly a remarkable experience to know that each building we set foot on, has its own story. Plus, the weather was fantastic - not a single drop of rain!

















The next morning we went to Stonehenge and it was magical. An ancient engineering marvel that can take your breath away. I was really inspired. The presicion positioning of the stones marks the start of the summer sun and the winter days. Remarkable!














The highlight of the trip was when Hawari, Faiz & Farah travelled all the way from Surrey to Bath just to meet me, within 30minutes before our bus departs. I really miss them. Its so nice to meet fellow Malaysians again after so long. Plus, I haven't seen Hawari for nearly 6 years dah! Although we lepak for a short half hour, I nearly shed a tear while I waved them goodbye from the bus. It was nice to see your old friends again....





As we reached Manchester, I felt really good (despite the heavy Manchester rain that follows later). I truly enjoyed my weekend getaway, it was truly a healing trip that I so much needed.

No comments: