Monday, June 19, 2006

Travelling back to reality

For the past couple of days, I was contented at Nina's place in Glasgow. We had such an amazing weekend - went shopping for my bridesmaid dress (which is fab!), collected her wedding rings and just strolling around town. We talked for hours on what we learnt from the past, our achievements in the present and our dreams for the future. Though I must say that we spent most of our time lazing in front of the telly watching the footie at home... but at our age- telly, nasi-masak-lemak-cili-padi-dinner, coffee, roks with comfy couch, beats any form of entertainment anytime!

Nina & I grew up together since primary school. I can relate to Nina very much, as we both came from seperated parents. More commonly, we both are away from the people we love to pursue our career... and at times, we can just break down in tears missing our other half and just felt like leaving everything behind to be with them again. I find it really difficult to survive after just 7 months away from Hubby, but seeing Nina surviving on her own with a successful career in a foreign country after all these years inspired me so much.

As I travelled home this morning to Manchester, I can't help thinking about what it would be like if I too take that giant leap to come out from my comfort zone in Malaysia and explored what the UK can offer. I was imagining a small cozy house like Hawari's in Guildford with a small garden for Mama & Boboy and a driveway for Hubby's dream car. Me & Hubby can get to do the work we enjoy, Mama can retire comfortably and maybe we are so ready to start a family. We all will have dinner together and then lepak for coffee in front of the fireplace... It would be so nice... It would be so great.... and I would be the happiest person in the world to be able to share that with the people I love so much....

Suddenly, the train stopped and I realised that I'm in Manchester already. No more sunshine, as it was raining as we reached the station. From then on, I realised that I'm back to reality. While I was struggling with my luggage in the rain to catch a cab home, I saw the Sackville Street building. It reminded me on how so much work I need to catch up to face Dr Pasir soon. Deep inside, I was really hoping to get a letter from Leatherhead.....

No comments: