Monday, April 13, 2009

Wake Up Call

I haven't been blogging because I was lazy.... tho to defend myself, I have been busy too, both at work and at home. Unlike Hubby who has access to the net 24hrs on his fingertips, I can only browse the net when I'm at home. Which is highly unlikely since Haidan is growing up too fast that I'm on my toes most of the time till he's in bed. And highly likely that I will terbabas with him in bed till morning.

Mama has arrived safely in the UK since last month. So, she has been a great help at home. I am so happy and thankful she's here! At least kurang lah sikit beban nak masak and do the laundry kat umah.

Anyways, the reason I made an entry today is that the last couple of days have been an eye-opening experience for me, which I think deserves a post so that I am constantly reminded to wake up and stop procrastinating.

You see, I have always procrastinated that I will complete my Charteredship. My boss have been patiently reminding me that I need to get it done as soon as possible. Most of the time I will nod in approval and 10 minutes later I am back being lazy. So last Thursday on the way home from work, I bumped into Carolina - a colleague of mine. She is a year younger and attained her Charteredship late last year. I asked her how she's doing since I have not met her for quite some time. Well, turned out she is now a Senior Engineer in a project I so wanted to be in... but didn't qualify because the minimum requirement is to have a CEng. It then dawned on me that if Carolina (with 1 year less experience) can do it, why can't I?? - Wake Up Adita!

Also, since I gave birth to Haidan I have not been exercising nor watching my diet. I remembered the last time I went home to KL with Haidan (at 3 months) in tow, and my aunties can't stop commenting on how much weight I have gained. I didn't care at that time coz I know that I will strive to lose the weight anyways once Haidan's a year old. Now, he's nearly 2 and I still wear 2 dress sizes larger than I used to. Yesterday evening while munching a bag of biskut bantal followed closely by a bag of Hershey chocs, I suddenly feel so heavy and dizzy. The wake up call came when Hubby was downloading the pictures we took into the laptop when I just saw myself! I looked so big! I have been eating more than normal the past few weeks and I realised I don't have the energy and dread waking up in the morning coz I feel so heavy. So, this overweight business needs to stop coz now it's effecting my health dah - Wake Up Adita!

So, from now on I will try to update myself with my progress. So here goes:
What have I done today for my Charteredship progress?
1) Found my Petronas PPR folder containing all my previous experience list
2) Downloaded the IET form on my laptop

What have I done today for my 'get back in shape' progress?
1) Made an appointment tomorrow to sign up at TWIST gym
2) Made a query for someone from Herbalife to contact me

I know the above does not make a difference but at least I'm moving an inch, rather than procrastinating and not moving at all.

2 comments:

Ghazali said...

Go gurl ....

Yes you are getting bigger ... (I saw it on your video clip about Haidan phone call)

And you can make it !!!!

Go go go!!!!

aditajo said...

Hehhe thanks Ghaz, I know I can count on you for being my chief cheerleader :)

Wish me luck!