Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 1 - Sutton Library

I woke up early this morning dengan penuh semangat, had my first Herbalife shake (Strawberry with Soya Milk) and my usual Berrocca and vitamins. Packed all my stuff and got Haidan ready for the day. I left home around 11am and went straight to the library.

This was my first ever visit to Sutton Library - wow! I didn't expect it was quite good. The library had the normal books and all but also a media centre with loads of cds, audio books and the latest dvds as well. The best part of the library was the children's section - it was a secluded area with loads of books and play centre - I was already imagining bringing Haidan there once in 2 weekends! The only setback was that there were loads of college kids around coz I think exam period is coming. So, it was quite difficult to find a kiasu spot for me to do my work. I ended up sharing a long table with some college kids. I settled in quickly and kept telling myself "Stop procrastinating, stop procrastinating...". I could sense the minah college beside me was rather uneasy at times.. hehehe.

Progress wise for my IET report was not excellent, but good enough. I managed to finally sit through all my past PPA forms from PETRONAS and highlighted the projects I want to include. I also finished writing the draft Gap Report for Kate to proceed to sign me off on some tasks that I've done in PETRONAS so that I won't be expecting to do in KBR for my Chartered application process.

Before this I get so overwhelmed by the amount of work that needs to be done, that I kept procrastinating on finding the perfect day/ time/ mood to finish ALL at once. So far, that brought me a step back instead of a step forward. So I am going to divide and conquer and achieve small tasks one by one to make it easier for me. Here's my plan:
* By this weekend 19/4/09 - complete Gap Report and fill in IET form with PETRONAS experience list and competencies. Submit to Kate on Monday 20/4.
* By next weekend 26/4/09 - complete Jan-March quarterly report and go through KBR list of work. Submit to Kate on Monday 27/4.
* By 3/5/09 - complete IET form with KBR experience list and competencies. Submit to Kate on Tuesday 5/5/09.
* By end of May - Finalise draft for IET submission.

Diet wise, here's my progress:
Morning: Formula 1 shake & Formula 2 at 8.30am, Protein Bar at 10.30am (lapar dah!)
Day: Formula 1 shake & Formula 2 at 1.30pm, Protein Bar at 4.30pm
Evening: Chicken kiev, loads of salad and 1/2 cup nasi goreng at 7.30pm.
Water: I managed to gulp the 3x750ml water bottle (tea mix & plain)! Hooorrraaayyyy (Clap, clap, clap)

My verdict: I found I wasn't tired at all (which was really good), I had so much energy throughout the day... akan tetapi I noticed I get hungry by 10am and 4pm. By dinner tu perut dah berbunyi siap!

No comments: