Monday, February 26, 2007

Sorry, wrong number

Dear Mr X,

I'm not sure how you got my contact details from, but I think you might mis-understood with what you "heard".

To clarify- yes, I am currently working in the UK. However I am not in any way working with recruitment or human resources to have the power to give you a job offer in the UK. So unfortunately, I don't have the info you requested and thus, your intentions to send me your CV will not benefit either of us.

Thank you for your very brief email. However, it would be much easier (and much more friendlier) if you could at least provide me with an introduction about yourself, who gave you my details, what's your career background and what type of work you're looking for. I might not land you a job in the UK, but I can certainly help share some advice from my experience on applying.

One thing for sure, there are loads of company websites where you can apply online and upload your CV directly. That was how I applied for my job here. If you want to work with KBR, I can send you the online link. Getting a job by the "who-you-know" method might work in Malaysia... but unfortunately, its not the job survival method here.

I do apologise but I hope you can give me a bit more info about yourself and what you are looking for. At least then, I know where to start....

Thank you & Best wishes.

No comments: