Monday, February 05, 2007

A lucky newbie...

Being a newbie to my new company has its perks. I can start fresh and avoid mistakes done in the past. Hence, since first impressions are always the best expressions of who you are perceived, I've been quite lucky.

I was invited to the HQ office in Leatherhead to attend a pre-meeting for the IET re-accreditation exercise next Thursday. I was specially chosen by my boss to take on the task with 4 other colleagues. We were supposed to impress the IET people this Thursday to show that my company is capable of producing quality graduates and future Chartered Engineers. Since I was the only one that has just started recently in the company, it was quite a good compliment to be invited. My mentor met me afterwards and congratulated me for being chosen. That made my day :)

Later, I rushed to the gym to attend my first Body combat class. I arrived a bit late and the instructor, Daniel, made me stand in the first row and forced me to introduce myself. I told him it was my first class and he said not to worry if I can't catch up. It was really good fun- I worked up quite a sweat and followed attentively to Daniel's instructions and moves. After the class ended, Daniel came up to me and told me to stay back for awhile for a briefing. I was shocked to find out that he wants me to join a few others for a Body Combat performance in Sutton town centre to promote the club. The 'Spirits Fair' will be held in 2 weeks and they have been practising since last 2 weeks. He told me that I was a natural and I should consider joining the team. In return, we'll get freebies from the Club.

Wow, can't believe it- it must be my lucky day. Well, I've always believed that life is like a wheel- sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. Today, I definitely feel like I'm on top of the world. Syukur, Alhamdulillah.

No comments: