Sunday, February 04, 2007

My weekend...

On Friday night, Olu & Marc came over and I cooked Assam Fish with fried chicken and kailan. After dinner, we headed off to the local cinema for Dreamgirls. It was a good musical movie. I was excpecting a musical - so, when a bunch of youngsters were making noise when Jeniffer Hudson & Beyonce got singing (again and again), I got irritated. Hello... we're watching a movie here?! How come you didn't complain with Chicago or Moulin Rouge??? I mean, it is a musical movie, so of course there would be singing. Anyways, apart from the jerks, Dreamgirls was a good one.. I liked it.

Saturday started off quite badly when I overslept and woke up late- feeling all bloated and grumpy. I made an appointment to visit the Spirit Health Club in Sutton at 11am, but since I woke up at 11.05am, I had to call in and cancel. Had lunch from the leftovers and was wobbling through the hall... when suddenly I caught myself in the mirror. Yup, I've put on quite some weight since Xmas and the sight of my bloated self in the mirror got me quite depressed. So, I decided to head over to Spirit anyways - I so needed the fresh air and the sun was out- might as well.

When I got to Spirit, I was shown around the club and I was really impressed. They've got a pool with Aqua-aerobics, Body Combat classes, Steam Room, sauna and the gym equipment are all new. Plus, the toilets were very clean and they give you towels. It was definitely better than Cannons and a whole lot nearer from home. Without hesitation, I signed up.

So today, I walked up to Spirit with my new swimsuit and waterproof bag in hand and had a good 30minutes swim. It was lovely and I was smiling all the way back. Never felt happier. Now, i'm so geared up for the classes to come. Tomorrow is Body Combat, can't wait!

No comments: