Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My trip to Leeds

I am knackered. Last Monday, I went up to Leeds for work for a factory testing on one of our switchgears. I went with my colleague and client. It was a good 4 hour train ride from London. We arrived at the Malmaison hotel and it was lovely! I loved the room - its quite big for a standard room, complete with an LCD tv + dvd player. The room has a nice modern touch to it. I'd like to have that concept for my future home. Pictures of the Malmaison below:


The Malmaison welcomes you.

The bed:

The closet & desk:

The LCD tv & dvd player

The bathroom:


We then went for a good italian dinner at BB Restaurant. Oh my god, the creme bruelle (if I spelt that right!) was excellent... yummm...

The next morning, we left early to Bradford to the S&I factory, where we had the testing. Ricki the testing engineer was very friendly, considering being bombarded by all my daft questions. I've been to FAT testings before when I was with my old company, but this experience is far better. I noticed that they do their testing thoroughly. A usual FAT back home can finish within 2 hours... but here, they do it step by step... explaining every single connection and testing them individually and thoroughly- which is how it should be done. I've never learnt so much about switchgears before! It was an amazing experience. Here's me with lovely Ricki :)

No comments: