Friday, January 19, 2007

My Television Decision Obsession



This is our TV in our lounge. As you can see, it is a bit too old... no, its actually an ancient antique. Don't get me wrong, it works perfectly fine... but because it was from 20 years ago, it doesn't have any input/output connections. Thus, we can't connect our DVD player nor put in a digital Freeview box.

So, in line with my new year resolutions no.1 and no.3 (to lose weight the cheap way), I am all geared up to exercise at least 3x a week via the numerous DVD workouts that I have. We have a huge carpeted lounge, so space is not a problem. My housemate is gonna leave to site soon, so time share to use the lounge is not a problem either. The only problem is making the right decision to buy which tv.

You see, I can't afford a brand new LCD tv, which costs a minimum of £500 each... minimum! I don't mind a second hand CRT tv. In fact they are becoming so much cheaper now due to the introduction of the LCD tvs. The only thing is that I'm torn with either getting a small tv which can fit in our existing tv cabinet (see picture) or getting a new set all together inclusive of the stand. If I look through ebay, it costs nearly the same for a Sony 24" and a Phillips 32"... so then, I have to decide on the brand aka quality history. I know Sony's the best one out there.. but its quite difficult to find. My budget's the other problem... I hope I won't spend more than £100, inclusive of the delivery and hopefully I can include a freeview box into it as well.

I went through loads of internet sites to find the best deals and I find quite a few good offers. However, a colleague of mine at office told me there's this repair shop in Wallington selling cheap second hand TVs. So, I'm gonna go check it out tomorrow. Well, wish me luck!

No comments: