Monday, January 03, 2011

Project 2011

Ushering in the New Year will not be complete without listing down my New year's resolution. Yes, it might just be a list of 'talk-cocks' or 'poyo-ness' but at least "niat" tu ada... ehehhe. So here is my 2011 wishes and goals, which I hope to keep me busy for the year.

1) Project UK Residency
This is my main to-do-list as my work permit visa expires this year. I have to sort out the necessary application papers and find out about the residency test and procedures. I bet there will be changes (as usual!) come April, so need to be aware and be prepared.


2) Project Bathroom
Following the huge success of my Project Dapur in 2009 (albeit being over-budget, ehehe!), I have now self appoint myself again as the official Project Manager to refurbish our guest bathroom. Based on his excellent experience and exceptional good looks, I have also self declared Mr Hubby as the official finance minister and fund manager to ensure the project runs smoothly this time. I am hoping the guest bathroom will be fully completed by end February 2011.... in time before Papa & Mummy arrives.


3) Project Potty
The most challenging project of 2011. After numerous failed attempts in 2010, I am hoping to get Haidan fully potty trained this year. To be honest, it's not just Haidan that needs to be brainwashed out of his nappies, but both Hubby and I have to accept the fact that we need to let go of the convenience of nappies (that we so take for granted!) and move on to the challenging demands of Haidan needing to go at the most inconvenient time and location, underpants and bed-wetting..... sigh.


4) Project Yummy Mummy
I am compiling all my notes from my last pregnancy and have decided that this time around I will try to do my best to breastfeed exclusively till baby is 6 months, hoping to hire a hospital grade breast pump this time. I also will try to stick to a better pantang routine (my MIL will be with me this time around, so I doubt she's gonna let me off easily!). I decided to not go for the traditional Melayu jamu/ pilis/ barut etc, but resort to my trusted Chinese red dates and hopefully engage the help of a professional urut lady to sort my self out. I will try to lose all the weight and get back to my cikgu-aerobics days (warning: talk-cock mode) by taking up gym classes, wearing my PB corset and sticking to my Herbalife diet vigorously.


5) Projek Celik IT
Finally, this is my most poyo project ever - a mission that I have been putting off a lot and have yet to materialise. Since I anticipate that this year I will be spending more time at home than at the office due to my maternity leave, I will vow to learn how to finally use iPhoto, iTunes, iMovie and iWeb properly and hopefully re-organise all my photo albums, movies and calendars. And when it's all perfect I will then create a website where I can update my blogs and photos directly from either my future iPhone or trusted old Macbook.... ala-ala IT Queen lah konon....Muahahahahahahhaa!!!! (notice the evil poyo laugh.... sabor je la kannn, nak update blog ni pun setahun sekali!).


So, that's it - I'm hoping these 5 projects will keep me on my toes for 2011, in addition to the excitement of organising our trip home to Malaysia in July. It is definitely not the best year career wise, but hopefully the year I can focus on my family, which I think I have taken for granted a bit for the past year.

Wish me luck!!!!

1 comment:

Vasantha said...

Good Luck dear.....m sure you can do it :-)))))))))....