Thursday, May 26, 2011

Desperate Housewife

Since my last post, I was kept on my toes juggling Haidan, Hairee and Hubby.

On good days, Hubby comes home early and we all sat down together for dinner. Haidan gives a big kiss before bed and Hairee slept through the night.

But on bad days, Hubby comes home late and missed dinner. Haidan throws a tantrum before bed and Hairee decides to play through the night.

Yes, it has been a roller-coaster month. I did a daily schedule just to get myself organised and it did helped quite a bit. Most of the things I wanted to achieve has been done:

1) Breastfeeding is going well, Alhamdulillah. I think I managed to compile about 80 packs of frozen milk stored from my daily morning expressing.

2) I have lost weight and inches since I gave birth. Though I know I can do much better without the Doritos and Oreos... and start on my Wii Fit as soon as possible. Yes, Hubby gave me a Wii Fit for my 34th birthday and it is still in the box, ooops!

3) Caught up with the latest episodes of Vampire Diaries and Desperate Housewives.

4) We managed to squeeze in a short family trip to Liverpool. Although we just stayed one night as hubby was working and it was tiring (4 hours drive to Liverpool and back), but it was really nice. It was just good to get away from home and I was really happy to see Hubby and Haidan enjoying themselves together- it has been a while since we all just spent quality time out.


5) I have braved the town with Haidan and Hairee in tow all by myself. Hard work but the fresh air was worth it.

All in all in the past month, I was really living the desperate housewife life- keeping myself busy trying to be the perfect mom and wife. There were days when I knew I did a good job but most days feeling overwhelmed by it all. I enjoyed the moments of laughter with my 2 boys and also the tears when it got a bit too much, especially from the exhaustion of it all. But I will cherish this coz I may not get this chance again to spend as much time with my boys. Also nothing beats a big thank you hug from your loved ones after a long day... knowing that hey, I might not be the perfect housewife... but at least I'm appreciated.

No comments: