Saturday, March 26, 2011

My hope for a VBAC

My official due date was yesterday, 25th March 2011.

Unfortunately, baby was too comfortable to even give me the slightest sign that it's ready to come out. Unlike with Haidan, who came 2 weeks early I am quite surprised I'm still pregnant.... (especially when I have announced to every person I know that most likely baby is coming earlier than my due date!).

Hubby and I went to see the Consultant at St Heliers yesterday for a check-up. I was quite disappointed that Dr Croucher was not free and a junior doctor, Dr Anne saw me instead. She said baby is in perfect position and baby's heart rate is active and good. She also did an internal examination, giving me a slight sweep which released my 'show'.

Dr Anne is quite confident that labour should commence within the next couple of days, but if it hasn't then I'm due to come back on Tues 29th for another internal sweep. If all else fail, I have a C-section booked for Tues 5 April 2011 - (41w + 4d).

On one hand, I'm getting quite fed-up being pregnant as it is getting more difficult to rest and sleep. My backache is getting worst and I'm irritated with my sudden stuffy nose. I'm also worried that the longer the baby arrives, the less time I have with Papa & Mummy helping me out.

But on the other hand, pushing my C-sect date to 10 days could give me the chance to experience the natural birth I have always wanted. The chance to give birth the way nature intends to without medical intervention and hopefully letting my body recover naturally. I am really praying that my wish for a successful VBAC will come true. I have done more research now on VBACs and am ready mentally (and hopefully physically) to face natural birth with minimum intervention. I plan to just use gas and air at the very end of labour (>7cm). My hope is that I can dilate and progress OK within the next 10 days to avoid having another miserable C-sect experience.

Sigh... come on baby, let's work together now OK.... Mama so can't wait to see you sayang.

1 comment:

Cosmic_GurL said...

OMG! Didnt know that ure pregnant! So happy for u Dita :) Praying for a safe delivery...hugs to Haidan and pls send my regards to Hasli. Tanak balik Msia ke ni? Hehehe