Saturday, April 19, 2008

Life as a (part-time) desperate housewife...

... is actually not bad at all.

I'm now working part time Tues-Thurs and am off work to have a very long weekend Fri-Mon to sort out stuff at home. At first , I was quite dreading it coz I'm not much of the housewife type- I can't cook too well and cleaning are on an as-and-when-needed-only basis. However, now I'm beginning to enjoy this arrangement. I finally wiped the dust off Mama's recipe books she gave me for my wedding present (..yup, after so long!). Last Friday, after sending Haidan off to his nursery, I was suddenly on a 'master-chef' mode. I cooked 7 lauks all in one day! Masak and portioned them to freeze - itupun I "had" to stop at the 7th lauk coz tak cukup tupperware for freezing. If not, I could have kept going! That's 2 weeks dinner sorted!

Next, was the laundry. I sorted Haidan's wardrobe- oh my, he can't wear half of his clothes already! He's growing too fast now... how ah??? I washed everything- from the bedding to the bath mats. I even managed to iron ALL of Hubby's shirt (which was much to his surprise coz I usually moan and groan everytime I picked up the seterika).

Last but not least was the cleaning- the dapur and bathrooms got a good scrubbing and polishing and I managed to re-organise the cupboards and shelves.

Phew! By the end of the day, my body was all aching.. but it was worth it! Now that it's all clean and organised, I feel like Bree from Desperate Housewives.... everything in the house must be perfect in its place. I was so "over" that Hubby's getting a bit irritated now coz he'll get my deadly stares and sneers if he tries to move ANYthing out of its place in this house.... Muahahahha....

Tomorrow, we'll be taking Haidan out to town. He's feeling so much better now after a hell-ish 2 weeks of fever and diarrhea. Thank you so much for the well-wishes guys! Here's Haidan's latest- all smiles and kicking again. Yup, he got his chubby cheeks back!




Hopefully on Monday, I will be updating more pictures and replying to the tags (coming soon Marisa!). Till then, I better get some rest... I'm totally knackered.

OK, over and out!

1 comment:

Vasantha said...

so cute la my godson.......m all okay too after my 2 weeks of fever......karma la........