Saturday, September 09, 2006

My drama...

Oh my God, the last few hours of my dissertation due date was so drama. This was what happened:

I was going through the finishing touches of the dissertation and was planning to get it printed by 10pm. But at 7pm, my MacBook Pro suddenly made these awful screeching noises! It went from bad to worse and I can literally feel the keyboards vibrating! Of course, I did panic and had to resort to calling up Wong to come and bring in his laptop instead. Wong, being the gentleman he is came to the rescue. We had to take the trouble to transfer all the files from my laptop to his and install the drivers for the printer.

By the time I was ready to work, it was nearly midnight. I rushed through my last Chapters and started printing 3 copies of 100 pages of writing each. Of course, the occasional re-prints of missing graphs and salah eja made the printing process worst. I worked all night till the sun comes up, as by the time I printed off the last page of my dissertation it was already 7am in the morning.

I then rushed to uni at about 8am, thinking that I might be the first in line to bind the dissertation since the shop opens at 8.30am. Oh my God, was I wrong! There was already a long queue waiting since 7am! I waited in line for 2 hours and finally submitted the finished product at 12noon.

I swear I'm not gonna go through writing a dissertation, nor thesis ever again. I'm so happy now that I can finally stretch out and rest without any worries whatsoever. I'm planning to stay in bed for the rest of the weekend. Its finally over!!!

No comments: