Friday, November 14, 2008

A year ago today...

I was in a happy mood celebrating my last day of work before I leave for my maternity leave. Then, Haidan was due to arrive on the 1st Dec- so I had plenty of time to go shop for baby stuff (yup, we weren't ready at all then). I remembered bringing big tupperwares of nasi goreng to jamu my colleagues who planned a lunch party for me. We didn't do much work that day coz everyone was in a relaxing mood since it was a Friday and they all couldn't wait for the weekend.

This year is so different. Well, obviously I'm no more pregnant (tho I still do look like it! Darn... too much Mochachino lah nie!). And work has been piling up for us this past few months- so colleagues were not as jolly as they were last year. Weather has been horrible too- raining and cold. I rarely get time off at home as well with Haidan now crawling and cruising. He's definitely into the "Now you see him, now you don't!" stage. Plus, with the winter and all, he gets sleepy earlier nowadays, so whatever free time I have are all spent with my (not-so) little baby. Therefore, my favourite pastimes of blog-hopping and facebooking have to be put on hold.

I'm also so excited and can't wait till we move into our new home. I wanted to post the pictures up but Hubby won't let me coz he knows I'll be too excited and get myself too into it, so if anything happens nanti- I will be depressed and disappointed. So, until all the paperwork is confirmed and done, I shall not jinx it (yet!). Tho, I really can't help myself looking at furniture and kitchen appliances dah... suddenly Mama's Home&Garden magazine seems to be more appealing than my usual doses of celeb chronicles.

Oh, how time passes by so fast. Haidan's going to be 1 next week already! He's no more a baby :( So much has changed and my best friends have moved on too - Mate's so happy working in Amsterdam with Michal and they'll will be moving to their new home soon, Vas will be a tai-tai and are moving to Mumbai, Devina's in a plane somewhere around the world, Nina is expecting her 2nd baby... thank you God for blessing us all this past year.

2 comments:

F.Idrus said...

Jgn post lagi mate! Nanti jinx cam aku... altho ada hikmah disebalik tak dapat umah yg hari tu, teehehe.

I cant wait to go to London laaaaa... I will be broke mate (damn!) sebab pindah ni... bajet nak pindah Jan but since aku kan tak tau sabarrr :D

Vasantha said...

what tai tai........no lah.....

more of a women with no money of her own to spend anymore........me sad......i shall bury my sadness with crazy shopping this December.....since it will be the last time i get to spend as I wish......:-)