Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Operasi Februari

I plan to keep myself busy this month. There are so much things to settle before we all pack up and balik kampung for a month in March. Then in April, I will start work already. Its gonna be really difficult to adjust I bet, mostly due to the fact that I'll have to cope without Haidan for 10hours straight in a day and worst still Hubby & I will be independent to keep the house a home because Mama will not be here. Yes, its sad because Mama could not be granted a visa to live with us- she'll have to come in and out of the UK every 6months... (hmm... which reminds me that we might need to apply for a frequent flyer membership for her lah). I think its more sad to acknowledge the fact that Mama will be all alone in Kg Baru for the first time in her life. Though she said she's going to be OK, deep down I can see the frustration in her eyes knowing that soon her loved ones will be far away from her and that 6 months would feel like an eternity.

Because Mama won't be around when I start work, I was busy looking around for nursery arrangement for my Baby Bubbles. So far, I've been to 6 already and my god the childcare here is soooo expensive... I mean a return flight ticket to M'sia once a month pun lagi murah! Hubby & I did contemplate to bring a relative or nanny from Msia to help take care of Haidan at home while we work but it proved to be difficult to find the right person to leave all their commitments in Malaysia and stay here every 6 months to ganti Mama. So, we decided to send Haidan to the nursery instead until his Nenek's next visit-&-stay.

So below are my Operasi Februari:
1) Ops 1: Operasi Nurseri - Need to confirm booking for Haidan's enrollment this April. I found a good one in Sutton, a bit of a walk but the place is so much better than the rest I've seen. Its pricey but worth it coz Haidan will have one sole key carer and is inclusive of nappies, formula milk and 4meals a day. So, I'll have to bring him from next week onwards to practise him (and myself!) settling in the nursery.

2) Ops 2: Operasi Lesen Pandu - I need to (legally) drive now in the UK, especially for those just-in-case cases with Haidan when Hubby's not around. I've sent out my application to apply my British driving licence. Now have to wait patiently (and anxiously sebab my passport is with them now) for the provisional driving card (and my passport!) to arrive within the next week. Hopefully no dramas coz I would need my passport on time for my flight back home! Then, its organising my mandatory driving lessons to fit my schedule in April.

3) Ops 3: Operasi Kuruskan Badan - This Ops is a bit overdue.. eheh. I'd have to stop eating junk food and start exercising vigorously again. I can't fit all my work clothes anymore lahhh... how ahh???

4) Ops 4: Operasi Shopping Sakan - This Ops will only be valid if Ops 3 fails. Then, I have no choice but to buy an all-new-all-out well fitting working wardrobe.. (sigh... with an evil grin.. hehe)

5) Ops 5: Operasi Celik IT - Yes, I'm a bit the buta IT compared to all my mates. Since I was pregnant, I have always wanted to reorganise my photos, learn scrapbooks, build a canggih blog for Haidan's milestones and make the most of my iCal, iWeb and iPhoto. I would need to sit down and go through the online tutorials.. but this proves to be a bit difficult when you have a baby who seems to get hungry every time I turn on the laptop...

6) Ops 6: Operasi Imbas Kembali - This is an important one. I need to sort out and finish my report on my past engineering experiences with Petronas. The hardest part is to remember all the technical stuff I've done for the past 5 years and compile them ready for review for my Chartered application. Need to do this before I balik so that my ex-bosses (if they are still around) can sign and verify.

Hmmmm... looks like I'm a bit too optimistic with my Operasi Februari. Well, better make the most out of it now while Mama is still around to help out with Haidan. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Elle said...

May your operasi februari berjalan dengan lancar! Good luck! :)