Sunday, September 30, 2007

A weekend with Kak Jem

Kak Jem, who used to take care of us when I was a scholar, paid London a visit for work. Since she's also a very close friend of Hawari's, it was imminent that she would continue to stay and spend the weekend with us folks in Surrey. It was so good to see her again! (The last time I met Kak Jem was so long ago- I think before I left for Manchester kot...). As usual, she greeted us with her winning smile and sisterly hug when we picked her up in London last Friday.

We buka puasa at Malaysia Hall, (hehe Pak Wie tegur my tummy dah double the size when I last visited!). Kak Jem agreed when I told her how lepak being at Malaysia Hall is, considering her past few days of posh dinners in London, and how it made us feel so at home....

Anyways, lepas melantak-nasi-dengan-rakus-sampai-mengah, we walked a bit and continued our melantak session at Waffle House for dessert. Oh my God, the belgian waffles with strawberry ice-cream is so sedap, OK.... pure bliss! Definitely will paksa Hubby to bring me there again in the near future! We then dragged our heavy tummies back to Sutton and called it a night.

On Saturday, we celebrated Kak Jem by giving her a pre-birthday gift of watching the Phantom of The Opera at London's Her Majecty Theatre. To tell you truth, I didn't know what to expect because I've never read the book or know the storyline of Phantom because I always thought its like one of those horror-movie thingy, with the mask and all. You see, I HATE horror movies. Vasantha and I was once dragged in to a Korean horror movie and we ended up not knowing what the story was all about because throughout the whole movie, we closed our eyes and ears sebab takut giler! So, with Hawari & Kak Jem, I was trying to control macho (but deep down inside I was so dead worried that the Phantom would probably sneaked out behind me and I'd just die of heart attack!) In the end however, Phantom proved to be an excellent experience- the kind of a sad story of cinta-tak-berbalas, which left me to tears... I enjoyed every second of it, although the occassional Phantom's loud surprises did jerk Baby Bubbles to kick my ribs throughout the show!

We then followed Kak Jem shopping- good timing because it was the first day of the mid-season sale but very tiring because there were so many people around!!! I was quite proud of me-self for not being sucked in the sale ordeal, mostly because we needed to save money for Baby Bubbles coming and plus I tak larat nak go through the hustling and bustling in the mad shops- Hawari & I opt to just wait and sit outside for Kak Jem, while enjoying the fresh air and watching the kerenah of Londoners around. We had a late proper dinner and managed to catch the last train back to Sutton around midnight.

This morning, Kak Jem left for Heathrow and it was quite sad to see her go... Its always nice to see a familiar face when you are in a foreign land. It was such a short visit but we hoped she enjoyed it, I know I did.

1 comment:

Blogger User said...

Darling Dita,

Without a doubt, I had a fabulous time the other day with my two and a half favourite friends in London. I hope to meet with you, Hasli, baby and Wari in December.

p/s - Erja is very excited about London. She can't wait to wear her new Barbie jacket.

Kak Jem