Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rainy Sunday

I slept really early last night as it was raining & miserable. It could have been worst but Hawari came over to cheer me up. We went to watch Bourne Ultimatum, which was good and shopped a bit. I broke my vow to not shop for clothes anymore, but got tempted with Primark's latest autumn collection, which features a lot of the 'bubbles' top or 'smocks' as they call it. Its mostly 60's inspired empire cuts, which is kembang at the tummy area- fits perfectly for pregnant mommies like me :)

As Hawari left around 7.30pm-ish, the rain just kept pouring. I guess summer's officially over then- not that it was a noticable one anyways. I called Hubby but he malas nak layan as he was already tucked in bed. So, made myself a cup of hot Horlicks and then turned on Baby Bubbles lullaby music. By 8pm, I was in dreamland already.

At 5am today, I was wide awake. But still the rain hasn't stopped pouring. Made myself another cup of hot Horlicks and turned on Baby Bubbles lullaby music... and again dozed off till 12noon.

Though my day didn't seem all wasted lah kot... I managed to almost finish up on my reading while in bed. I know I have to do and update my quarterly reports soon. Workload is beginning to lighten up nowadays, so I have no more excuses to not complete my reports. Hubby has been reminding me of how I need to buck-up and catch up on my charteredship application. I know he's worrried that with the baby & all, I might just put it off completely. I know I really have to get myself focused again. This charteredship was the only reason why I moved half the globe, leaving my friends, family and a 5-months-bonus job.

But today so susah lah... the horrible cold wet weather makes cuddling in bed under the warm duvet seems so inviting....

No comments: