Friday, August 17, 2007

My nasi lemak craving....

I'm on AWW today - a Friday off once in 2 weeks, complimentary of my company. I was planning to spend the day to start off my charteredship report writing, which is far due! However, had to entertain Julie, my letting agent, who came by this morning to inspect the house. As expected, everything was OK on my part of the house but with bad reviews on my housemate's room and his quite the disguisting bathroom. Don't wanna talk about it here coz it will just make me sick. Let's just say that I'm counting the days till 6 November...

Anyways, after Julie left I was quite hungry. Suddenly teringin pulak nak makan nasi lemak... so I thought, OK lah have brunch first, do the report and then reward myself with a good break in the kitchen to cook up a mean nasi lemak for dinner. So, to keep my tummy (and hungry Baby Bubbles) occupied for the day, I made a simple egg-mayo sandwich, with apples for dessert and coffee. But the thought of nasi lemak was still haunting me... even the sandwich (which was usually a favourite) rasa tak sedap!

In my attempt to curb the devilish thoughts of nasi lemak, I tried to keep myself busy with filing my work and browsing through the net on tips and guides to complete my report.... but soon I was finding myself google-ing on sambal nasi lemak recipes... which then brought me to a blog featuring a photo of a scrumptous plate of nasi lemak, sambal with kacang and ayam kari and suddenly my Baby Bubbles can't stop kicking. So, I finally succumbed (at 3pm, just 2 hours after my heavy sandwich meal) and head straight to the kitchen.

By 5.30pm, I was all done- nasi lemak in the rice cooker, sambal in the kuali, kari ayam, timun, kacang and telur rebus all ready! Dengan rasa tak malu and tersangat excited, I managed to wallop 2 pinggan non-stop.

Now, feeling so heavy and sleepy.... alahai.... zzzzzzz.....

No comments: