Monday, November 20, 2006

Settling down...

It’s a new week at the office and it today was already quite a challenging day. Since morning I was up & running in the office trying to get things done. Yup! Its busy already! I was settling a lot of admin stuff and was already assigned to a project. I might be sent off to the Sutton office, which was good since it’s just a walk down the road.

I think I’m settling fine in my new office environment. Made some new friends and the people are really friendly. Last weekend, I took the chance to explore Sutton high street. Not bad at all- loads of choices to go shopping. I spent 5 hours trying to find the perfect pair of office pants, which suits my petite frame (and of course within my very tight budget). On Sunday, Marc came over and brought yummy West Indian lunch. We then headed to the local pub where the guys had a few pints and we spent the evening just chilling out.

The only downside is that I really wish Hubby was here. It would make life in a foreign country so much easier. I miss him very much, especially now that work is building up and timing is just not right for us to have our usual long conversations. I miss talking to him.

Money wise- I am so pokai! I urgently need to get my claims sorted as soon as possible. I’m so worried about the rent at the end of the month- dunno whether I’ll have enough cash in the bank to afford it even! So much expenses incurred and we have to sort out quite a lot of bills too.

Though when I was talking to Hubby, I really wish he can be here for Christmas. I know that we might not afford for his trip down this December, but from the looks of it, even Hubby would want to come no matter what. These are the times when love is far more valuable than fortune. No point of having loads of cash in your account when you can’t really be together with your loved ones. I so hope and pray to God that Hubby will get a good job here so that we can settle down here nicely…

No comments: